Friday 2 April 2010

Flying a kite by Gwyny1

flying a kite
Flying a kite, première mise en ligne par Gwyny1.

Nominated by Anderson Fang

Personally I regard this excellent work of Gwyneth as a example of minimalism. It honorably happens to be the very first image in TP's HoF pool.

First of all the composition is the soul of the success. The kite and kite-flyers are placed uncommonly near the corner of the image. This large empty space between them seems to extend the distance a lot. Further more the position of the kite makes me feel that it's flying out of the image. I love this image mostly because it makes me think and feel.

The choice of black and white is also adequate. The tones in the image clearly s
eparates the ground and sky. This separation, plus the composition, push the kite even higher. It also helps me concentrate on the key elements without being distracted by the blue sky, green mountain and white clouds. I can't even imagine
what it would be in colors.

Digging out an interesting image out of simple things, events or activities is always difficult. This great work of Gwyneth inspires me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment