Monday 1 March 2010

Crusin Lowrider Style by DownTown Pictures

Crusin Lowrider Style
Originally Uploaded to The Pinnacle by DownTown Pictures

Nominated by samthe8th

"I've never quite understood how you process your shots, but have always been a huge fan of the way your images end up. The car in this shot reminds me of the movie "CARS" where the cars all have personalities, somehow the processing cartoonifies it, which I think is pretty awesome, the way the car is popped up off the back wheel and appears to be bouncing. The Morgan Stanley and Starbucks logos in the back, the 585 BWay add an obvious element of location to the shot, and the driver was caught in a great moment. The diagonal lines add a great element. So much to see here and comment on."

1 comment:

  1. I am floored by this. Of all the images you could have chosen, I am humbled by your nomination and just wanted to say thank you. I don't really have any direction when I process my images and to tell you the truth I probably could not duplicate the processing for other shots. I let each image speak to me as I am working on it. It starts from the moment I take the image, I have an idea in my mind what I want it to look like. When I sit down to work on the image, I let the image guide me to where we both want it to be. Once again , thank you for this tremendous honor.

    Ray Lopez
    Downtown Pictures
    NYC

    ReplyDelete